We're off to Quilt City, USA!
Paducah or Bust!
Ever wanted to take the trek, just didn't want to make the drive? Join us for a party all the way to Paducah! We'll be traveling in a luxury motor coach, where you're free to sit, relax, and enjoy the ride with quilting friends, new and old.
As we converge on Paducah, Kentucky, we'll join with quilt enthusiasts from across the world, and watch as the city transforms into Quilt City, USA. Enjoy the 27th Annual American Quilter's Society Quilt Show & Contest at your own leisure, while you indulge yourself in quilts, quilts, and more quilts! Throughout the city, you'll find classes, lectures, special events, demonstrations, and exhibits galore to enjoy. Did we mention that in addition to the exhibits, the Show includes a Merchant Mall with more than 400 vendor booths offering the latest in quilting supplies and gifts? It’s a quilter’s shopping paradise!
You'll ride in comfort aboard a 56-seat motor coach from Dan Diepert Coaches, who offers the highest standards in the travel industry for comfort, convenience, cleanliness, safety, efficiency and reliability. Their European-style coach features air-conditioning, VCR with monitors, public address system, plush reclining seats, panoramic windows, individual reading lights, and restrooms. Yes! Restrooms!
Have a favorite movie or video? Bring it along! Monitors are available, and since it's a long drive, we'll be able to share a few of our favorite movies along the way. Feel free to check them out online at www.dandipertcoaches.com.
All hotel accommodations have been made ahead of time by Stitchin’ Heaven. We have done our best to find deluxe hotels that will best fit our needs in the area. Due to availability and value, we have chosen not to stay in Paducah, but in nearby Murray, KY, which is about 47 miles away.
Comfort Inn – Blytheville, AR on April 26th and 29th
Hampton Inn – Murray, KY on April 27th and 28th
Your trip will include transportation aboard the motor coach, deluxe hotel accommodations for 4 nights (double-occupancy), shuttle rides to and from Quilt City, USA, and your admission into the AQS Quilt Show, and a special goody bag from Stitchin’ Heaven.
Breakfast will be included, however, lunches and dinners are not included, and will be at your own expense.
The quilt show will be held at the Paducah Expo Center, the Julian Carroll Convention Center, and the new AQS Pavilion which will be located in the parking lot of the convention facilities. Quilt show admission will give access to viewing quilts and shopping the merchant malls in all three locations and the AQS Vendors on Kentucky in the Finkel Building. Special events will be held downtown at the Carson Center.
Paducah, a mecca for quilters and quilt enthusiasts, is the proud host for this wonderful event. Home to the National Quilt Museum, (a must see!), the American Quilter’s Society, Hancock’s of Paducah, Eleanor Burn’s Quilt in a Day, and many more interesting sites, Paducah presents itself as Quilt City, USA!
Upon arrival on Wednesday, you will be free to go and tour the town at your leisure. Quilts and exhibits are set up throughout the town. The Paducah trolley provides free rides through downtown and the Lowertown Arts District, with access to the Quilt Museum, Finkel Building, and the Expo Center. Downtown shops, restaurants, museums, and attractions are all within walkable distance of each other. Carriage rides are available and even bicycles, for the more adventurous. Come prepared, though, as many of us still prefer to take it all in at a very leisurely pace, afoot. More touring options.
Dining is something we all look forward to. Paducah’s wide range of dining choices offers something for every appetite and budget.
The weather? The average temperature for Paducah in April is High 68º and Low 47º. You may want to come prepared with a sweater for those cool mornings.
For more information and details on Paducah and the Quilt Show, please visit http://www.paducah.travel/
Tuesday, April 26th
- 8:00 am – Bus will pick up passengers at the Big Town Mall in Mesquite, TX.
- Next stop, Stitchin’ Heaven Quilt Shop, in Quitman, Texas, where we will pick up more passengers
- Then, it’s off to Texarkana for lunch at Bryce’s Cafeteria with a stop in Little Rock, AR for an afternoon ice cream cone.
- We’ll stay the night in Blytheville, AR, at the Comfort Inn, and be fresh for the next day’s trip to Paducah!
Wednesday, April 27th
- 8:00 am – Bus will leave and head north to Paducah, KY!
- First stop will be at the world famous Hancock’s of Paducah, then we’re off to enjoy our first afternoon in Quilt City, USA where we’ll split up and take it all in.
- That night, we’ll sleep at the Hampton, in nearby Murray, KY, and rest up from our first day of fun.
Thursday, April 28th
- 8:00 am – Bus will shuttle everyone back for a day of wonder and excitement at Quilt City, USA!
- We will return to our room at the Hampton in Murray, KY to recoup from our busy day.
Friday, April 29th
- 8:00 am – We will check out of the hotel, and the bus will shuttle everyone back for a day of wonder and excitement at Quilt City, USA!
- 4:00 pm – We will load the bus, once again, and head west.
- We’ll sleep in Blytheville, AR, at the Comfort Inn, where we can reflect back on our tiring fun in Quilt City, USA.
Saturday, April 30th
- 8:00am – Bus will leave, and continue west toward home. Lunch will be in Arkadelphia, AR at the foothills of the Ouachita Mountains.
- Then, it’s off to Quitman, TX, where we will drop off our first passengers.
- And, finally, back to Big Town Mall for the final stop and drop off.
**Meeting times will be set daily, and we will load the bus each afternoon to shuttle back to the room.**
Don't wait! Register Today! Space is limited!
$695 per person, double occupancy
Make your Reservation here!
No Roommate? No Problem! Let us know!
Full payment is due at time of reservation.
No refunds will be made after December 1st, 2010, unless your seat can be filled.
P.O. Box 1914
Quitman, TX 75783